Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On the lookout

Be on the lookout for these blogs!

It's A Green World After All

I knew water preservation was important, but I didn't know the situation was this bad until I started reading this blog!
Water preservation is done to ameliorate the poor resource situtation not only America, but the whole world faces today.
Shocking images like the aereal shore of the Aral Sea today, compared to the one taken in 1989, scary facts like only 2% of the water on Earth is safe to drink and an interesting poll makes me want to come back and check up on this blog!
Fresh water supply is definitely becoming a growing concern for Americans, and even though we don't hear about it too much on the debates, action needs to be taken soon, even if it only means using water saving appliances at home.

Department of Energy

I had really no idea the U.S. had such a big oil-dependency. Issues like off-shore drilling and hybrid automobiles are starting to become more and more important to people in the United States, and this blog has done a good job informing me about all of this.
Also, it does a good job showing the differences between McCain and Obama's position on the subject. I didn't know McCain was interested in develeoping cleaner coal plants, or that Obama was overall focused on enviromentally-friendly ways to improve industries.

Crime and Punishment... and rehabilitation?


To say that I had not give the issue of rehabilitation much thought at all is not an understatement. That's why when I started reading this blog I was unsure if I was going to be very interested in it, but the opposite happened, I wanted to learn more and more about the subject!
The blog talks about rehabilitation as a way to avoid punishment by slowly introducing convicts back into society in a way that they are danger-free to citizens and a positive addition to society.
The number of ex-convicts who commit crimes after they are released is outrageous, so, how hasn't rehabilitation been more important to candidates, policy makers and citizens in general?
I loved the post on the celebrities escaping the judicial system (3 hour sentences?!).

No comments: